Friday, August 19, 2011

The Blessing of Great-Grandparents

I have been feeling that it is such a blessing to have grandparents and great grandparents in our lives and in our children's lives. We live in a world where people wait so long to have children that when they finally have their children (if any), the grandparents are elderly and the great-grandparents have passed on. I am glad that my children get to know their grandparents and great-grandparents while they are still here on this earth.

I love watching my children interact with my parents. Wrestling with my dad, and tickle-fighting with my mom. They are just ecstatic when Grandma, and Grandpa show up.

I have recently had the opportunity to take my children to see their Great-Grandpa and their Great-Grandma. It was a long drive and the only thing that kept everyone's sanity was the DVD player in the van.

When I introduced my sons to their Great-Grandpa (my mom's dad), he asked them if they had lost any teeth yet. My oldest replied that he hadn't yet. Well, Great-Grandpa then said, "I have" and then proceeded to pop his bottom dentures out!!! I thought it was going to scar my kids for life, but they all had a really good laugh and then my youngest wanted to see Great-Grandpa do it again! Typical boy....




We then went to Great-Grandma's house (my dad's mom). She always has had candy and pop at her house since before I can remember. So what is the first thing she asks my boys?....... If they would like a pop! HAHAHAHA Same old Grandma :)

We had a wonderful time and got to see many relatives that I haven't seen in a very long time I love to get generation pictures any time I can so I took some this time around as well. Neither Great-Grandparent had met the new baby so we had to get some pictures of them together as well.




I'm glad that I still have some of my grandparents around to learn from.

P.S. My kids still laugh about great-grandpa "popping out his teeth!" HAHAHAHAHA
It's the memories that count.

1 comment: